S4B missed call notifications going into junk-folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

Our missed call notifications of S4B are going into the junk-folder. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue yet? We are using Exchange 2016 and S4B 2016 (local).

Greetings

Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Urs68,

How many users in your environment have this issue, just specific user or most of users?

Normally, the missed call notification emails will go to the inbox folder in the Outlook. According to your description, users in your environment could receive the missed call notification email, it goes to the wrong folder. So I judge this issue may be occurred as the rules in the Outlook/Exchange Server in your environment.

For this issue, if only specific user has this issue, I suggest you could try to check the rules which be created in the Outlook. If most users or all users in your environment have this issue, I suggest you could check whether the administrator set some junk email rules in the Exchange Server.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 14, 2018 1:44 AM
  • Hi Evan

Thanks for your reply,

We have a few people facing this problem. I have the problem with my own mailbox and i have no rule activated for example. But afaik Exchange or S4B writes the missed call notifications straight into the mailbox? Would Outlook rules even be affecting this behavior?

There are no junk e-mail rules activated on the exchange server. 

Greetings

EDIT: We just found out that only external calls are affected. Calls inside our environment are not affected.

• Edited by Urs68 Friday, December 14, 2018 11:57 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Hi Urs68,

If you do not set any rules in the Outlook and the Exchange Server, and the admin has configured the integration between Exchange Server and SFB Server, the SFB miss call notification will go to the mailbox. For this issue, as only a few users have this issue, and it only occurs when the external calls come in. I suggest you also try to log onto the outlook web access, click Options->View Outlook settings->Mail->Junk email, check whether you add some lists:

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:56 AM
  • Hi Urs68,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, December 21, 2018 6:19 AM