WSUS unstable on console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, let me to explain my scenario: 

I have a WSUS implementation with a WSUS master server that download upgrades from microsoft sites on internet, and I have some replicated servers that download upgrades from the master server and replicate computers and configuration.

Initially I can access to console of WSUS on master server without problems, but from some days, the cosole show that the conection was lost, the mesages let me to re-establish the conection, but, again lost the conectivity. Aditionally, the folder E:\WSUS had a size less of 20 GB, but today the size is up tgo 120 GB, not aditions of products for upgrades. Just Office and SO packages.

The questions are:

1. If I uninstall the WSUS Role on master and after reinstall the role, configurations, and after initial syncronization, the replicated servers connect with WSUS master inmediatelly or I must to run any unknown process to recover the conectivity between the master and replicas servers ???

2. What process I must to run for recover functionality on the WSUS master server if the question 1, not is the convenience ???

3. Why the space may increase without add products, wil be normal this fact, fron 16 GB to 120 GB ???

If you need some other details about my escenario don't doubt to request it.

Thanks a lot!!!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• Am 03.06.2014 schrieb Saltamontes:

I have a WSUS implementation with a WSUS master server that download upgrades from microsoft sites on internet, and I have some replicated servers that download upgrades from the master server and replicate computers and configuration.

Initially I can access to console of WSUS on master server without problems, but from some days, the cosole show that the conection was lost, the mesages let me to re-establish the conection, but, again lost the conectivity. Aditionally, the folder E:\WSUS had a size less of 20 GB, but today the size is up tgo 120 GB, not aditions of products for upgrades. Just Office and SO packages.

You can run an CleanUp Script for Synchronization Log:

To use this script with Windows Internal Database, you should run the
    following command:

sqlcmd -S np:\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query –i <scriptLocation>\Synchro.sql Content from Synchro.sql:

USE SUSDB
    GO
    DELETE FROM tbEventInstance WHERE EventNamespaceID = '2' AND EVENTID
    IN ('381', '382', '384', '386', '387', '389')

Servus
    Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:03 PM

All replies

• Have you tried rebooting the WSUS server for start?
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:47 PM
  • Am 03.06.2014 schrieb Saltamontes:

You can run an CleanUp Script for Synchronization Log:

To use this script with Windows Internal Database, you should run the
    following command:

sqlcmd -S np:\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query –i <scriptLocation>\Synchro.sql Content from Synchro.sql:

USE SUSDB
    GO
    DELETE FROM tbEventInstance WHERE EventNamespaceID = '2' AND EVENTID
    IN ('381', '382', '384', '386', '387', '389')

Servus
    Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:03 PM