built-in headphone drivers not working RRS feed

• Question

• HELLO MY NAME IS KOSTON AND I JUST UPGRADED TO WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM AND MY SPEAKERS NO LONGER WORK WITH MY COMPUTER NOW. I PREVIOUSLY HAD WINDOWS XP AND MY SPEAKERS WORKED MORE THEN PERFECT AND SINCE MY UPGRADE IT WONT WORK.I PLUG-IN MY SPEAKERS AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY SPEAKERS ANYMORE.

MOTHERBOARD IS ASUS A7S333 AMD ATHLON XP 2100+

I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF 

ANY HELP I REALLY NEED TO WATCH MY GLEE PLEASE HELP

• Edited by kostonmorin Saturday, March 5, 2011 8:14 AM I HATE WINDOWS IM GOING TO LINUX
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 8:06 AM

Answers

• you need the vista specific drivers for your sound.

try getting it  here

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:13 AM

try getting it  here

Hi,

Agree with drtunababa to point out the direction that you need to install the compatible driver for Windows Vista on the manufacture's download website.

We are sorry for what you have gone through. Please understand that although Windows Vista has passed the test from Microsoft, due to different third party programs/drivers installed in the system, unexpected issues can still occur. It is important to make sure the system environment is compatible with Windows Vista before installing.  As your original system is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version preinstalled with the computer, it is better to contact the computer manufacturer first to make sure all the device drivers are up-to-date and they support Windows Vista.

In addition, you may need to upgrade your BIOS and chipset driver.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

try getting it  here

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:13 AM

try getting it  here

Hi,

Agree with drtunababa to point out the direction that you need to install the compatible driver for Windows Vista on the manufacture's download website.

We are sorry for what you have gone through. Please understand that although Windows Vista has passed the test from Microsoft, due to different third party programs/drivers installed in the system, unexpected issues can still occur. It is important to make sure the system environment is compatible with Windows Vista before installing.  As your original system is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version preinstalled with the computer, it is better to contact the computer manufacturer first to make sure all the device drivers are up-to-date and they support Windows Vista.

In addition, you may need to upgrade your BIOS and chipset driver.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:35 AM