SLO Subscription Queues RRS feed

• Question

• I created some SLOs that apply to queues of each support group.  In configuring SLO subscriptions, I cannot find a way to restrict tracking of SLO objects to those queues.  The subscription is of the class type "Service Level Instance Time Information".  And Service Manager will not allow me to create a queue based on this class.  Therefore, the SLO subscription will trigger on all SLO objects.  This means that the help desk team queue would receive notifications for SLO changes on incidents that apply to other support groups.

Is there any way to restrict an SLO subscription to a specific support group/queue? 

MCITP Windows 7 MCTS Windows Server 2008

Monday, July 29, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

• you are right that's weird, the workflow didn't trigger if there is a support group criteria in the subscription.

the only thing that I can think of to solve that is to create a runbook, something like:

• Monitor Object: Class-Service Level instance time information, Trigger-updated, filter-(e.g. status=warning)
    • Get relationship: Object class- Service Level instance time information, Related Class- Incident
    • Get Object (Incident)
    • Email (make sure that the required criteria is configured by double clicking on the link between Get Object and Email e.g. Support Group equals Service Desk)

hope this helps!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi, the reason is not showing up any queue because the queue is based only on work item classes. in other words, the "Service Level Instance Time Information" class does not exist as an option when you try to create a queue.

Instead, you are able to send the SLO subscriptions to a specific group using the "Additional Criteria" tab (see below)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:58 AM
  • Hello Ayman,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Have you confirmed that this configuration works in your environment? 

I performed the exact same configuration, but the subscription workflow never triggers.  The subscription workflow does trigger when I remove the Service Level Instance Information Support Group criteria. 

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:18 PM
  • you are right that's weird, the workflow didn't trigger if there is a support group criteria in the subscription.

the only thing that I can think of to solve that is to create a runbook, something like:

• Monitor Object: Class-Service Level instance time information, Trigger-updated, filter-(e.g. status=warning)
    • Get relationship: Object class- Service Level instance time information, Related Class- Incident
    • Get Object (Incident)
    • Email (make sure that the required criteria is configured by double clicking on the link between Get Object and Email e.g. Support Group equals Service Desk)

hope this helps!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:59 AM
  • Indeed, it is a little weird.  I've even tried hacking the XML to introduce the support group criterion in PRE operation, and still no dice.  It'd be nice to be able to stick to Service Manager to do all of this, but I guess there are times (which lately seems like more than a few) that it's better to go to Orchestrator...

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:04 AM
  • I have hacked the XML as well :) but I couldn't get anywhere. I agree It will be good if SM can handle that without jumping to Orchestrator!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:12 AM