none
Microsoft Word, Powerpoint 2007 crash at start and won't open RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded from my expired Office Home and Student trial to Office Professional Plus 2007 on my Vista Premium laptop. Before I upgraded, Microsoft Works word processor stopped working, but now that I got a full Office suite I uninstalled Works and the Home and Student stuff but the problem has transferred to word/powerpoint now. Here's the problem:

As soon as I try to launch Word 2007, the loading screen comes up then it says "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working" (I can post the error details but I think it's too vague to be helpful).

I don't have any of the add-ins blamed for Word or Powerpoint being unable to start, but I do have Google Desktop and Symantec Endpoint Protection, if those are able to interfere. Also, I have Office Suite Service Pack 1. Everything else in the suite (that I've installed, at least) works fine, so I don't know why this is happening.

Thanks so much for the help!
    Friday, March 14, 2008 4:23 AM

All replies

• I just upgraded from my expired Office Home and Student trial to Office Professional Plus 2007 on my Vista Premium laptop. Before I upgraded, Microsoft Works word processor stopped working, but now that I got a full Office suite I uninstalled Works and the Home and Student stuff but the problem has transferred to word/powerpoint now. Here's the problem:

As soon as I try to launch Word 2007, the loading screen comes up then it says "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working" (I can post the error details but I think it's too vague to be helpful).

I don't have any of the add-ins blamed for Word or Powerpoint being unable to start, but I do have Google Desktop and Symantec Endpoint Protection, if those are able to interfere. Also, I have Office Suite Service Pack 1. Everything else in the suite (that I've installed, at least) works fine, so I don't know why this is happening.

Thanks so much for the help!

• Proposed as answer by kaoshuchen Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:36 PM
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Just a question.....

Did you uninstall the trial version FIRST, then install the full version ?

My personal experience....
    I once had a trial version of MS Office Pro.
    Then I bought a full version of Home and Student.
    I installed the full version first then uninstalled the trial version. All screwed up.
    I had to uninstall both versions, then re-install the Home and Student.

In case you need it : Here is a Microsoft Support turoial which has an auto-uninstall application for each version, 2003, 2007 and 2010.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:58 AM