App-V 5: Catalog\Packages in Windows Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

one question about the App-V 5 windows user profile. 

I have some data in

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Catalog\Packages\IDs\UserDeploymentConfiguration.xml and UserManifest.xml.

for every application. What are this files for? This two files (per application) are blowing up my user profiles. Do I need this files? Can I exclude them from the roaming profile?

Thanks!

Regards
    Tobias

• Edited by Phoenix585 Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:22 PM

All replies

• Maybe take a look at this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713466.aspx

That's being cached. How large are the files that they are blowing up the user profile?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:29 PM
  • If you were to manage the user profile better with a solution such as UE-V, you could capture and roam just the application preferences that matter and discard the rest.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Hi,
    I have sequenced 2 applications (office 2003 and one company internal application). At the moment the files of this two packages has a size of 8 MB.
    @Aaron: In knew, that this answer will come :)
    UE-V is relative new, and we will wait some time. We are using Citrix Profile Management, it's not this bad :), App-V 5 brings so much improvements, that we want to go directly to the new technology :)

Anyone knows, if I can exclude the path out of the roaming profiles?

Thanks!

• Edited by Phoenix585 Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:06 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you test if excluding those will impact anything, but most likely they were placed by Microsoft in a location that would roam for a reason.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:23 PM