none
Removing Microsoft FIM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We currently have Microsoft FIM bringing changes across from Novell eDirectory to Microsoft Active Directory.

We also have the password synchronization service running.

We no longer have any reliance on Novell eDirectory and want to disable changes coming across to Active Directory and it being the master. From now on all changes will be made directly in Active Directory.

What is the procedure for disabling/removing FIM? Is it just a simple case of stopping the service from running on the server so changes are no longer brought across or is there more to it?

Kind regards,

Anthony

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

yes you can simply stop all MIM/FIM Services and there will be no more updates to AD.

I guess the Password Sync was going from AD to Novell, so you might want to uninstall the PCNS Service from the DC, as they are no longer needed.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Ant Ks Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

yes you can simply stop all MIM/FIM Services and there will be no more updates to AD.

I guess the Password Sync was going from AD to Novell, so you might want to uninstall the PCNS Service from the DC, as they are no longer needed.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Ant Ks Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Hi Peter

Much appreciated replying and confirming my thoughts, that seems really straight forward which is great news. Good point with the password sync services as well.

Thanks,

Anthony

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:49 PM