none
How to change domain (Active Directory) in EPM 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have EPM running in my domain, and want to know if there is a way to change domains on EPM?

We have plans to start a new domain and want to migrate EPM.

Friday, October 2, 2015 5:31 PM

All replies

• You are planning to move the complete farm? or just have users moved from different domains?

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, October 4, 2015 10:16 AM
  • Syed Faizan ur Rehman,

Thanks for replying!

If it's not asking too much, can you explain both cases? For the views on my question I think that is something that a lot of people want to know.

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:15 AM
  • Hi Vandrey,

In case if you are migrating the users only, from experience you would have to either manually go and update each user (considering you are using Project Permission mode) or write a script using PSI for updating the User Logon.

I case you are moving  Farms from one domain to another you would have to rebuild destination farm and start moving databses to it. You may find below link helpful.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sushrao/archive/2011/12/02/sharepoint-migrating-sharepoint-server-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:54 AM
  • I'm thinking on using option 2.

I'll build the new farm on the other domain and give it a try!

Will post the results since the test is done.

Thanks!

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:57 AM
  • Hi Vandrey, 

If you are using Project Server Permission mode, you would still need to follow the step mentioned in my previous post for the user login update.

Regards,

Faizan

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:14 AM