Vista freeze randomly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have Windows Vista Ultimate and My PC was fine for 3 month and now it freeze every 10minute, or 30minute. Sometime it freeze about 1 minute. I did a Memory check but no error found. I thought it was the DFE network card problem but I remove it still freeze. I check Virus and nothing found.

I also found a driver conflict of the PCI Bus :

Conflicting device list:

Memory Range 7FF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available.

also how come there's no driver installed for Nvidia nForce PCI System Management and Nforce memory controller?

Please help me guys because I can't  use my computer like that.

I give as much information as possible.

Here my PC Spec:

Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz 4M L2 cache

Nvidia nForce 650i motherboard

2GB Corsair DDR 800 Dual Channel RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS

SATA 160GB WD Cavier 7200RPM 8M Hard Drive.

PATA 160GB WD Cavier 7200RPM 2M Hard Drive

additional D-Link DFE-530TX network card

more info:

Event Viewer( Those are what I get After my Pc Freeze )

Warning

6/14/2007 10:57:12 AM Win32k 

A desktop heap allocation failed.

Error 

6/14/2007 10:45:53 AM  SpoolerSpoolss 

The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could  not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 

6/14/2007 10:42:53 AM Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider 

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 2 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:42 PM

All replies

• http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_650i_sli_winvista32_15.00.html

You may want to try that link.  Make sure that's the correct driver for your motherboard.  If not, browse for it in the list here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

I hope that helps.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:05 AM
  • It might help, but then again maybe not - try setting Windows Update to allowing updates from other sources and it might update you current drivers for your motherboard and other hardware items. Take that advice with a grain of salt, though; if you can do it yourself, then do it yourself. Windows Update just recently tried to update my Serial ATA controller drivers to the wrong drivers, thus messing a lot up that I had to figure out and fix. Good luck, I guess.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:44 PM