Add a PC to the Admin Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have several PCs that have been renamed on our network. The admin console did not pick up the new PCs. As part of the test, I removed a PC from the under Agent-managed (force to Unmanaged Man Mode) - then delete it from Unmanaged Computer pane

On the PC, I restarted MOM service, it showed up in the Unmanaged Computers pane.

When I right-click on this node, one of the options that I have is Install Agent.

Do I have to go thru the Install Agent process or is there another way to add it back to the Agent-managed section?

The MOM agent is still existed on the PC.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, you need to approve the agent for installation. Please check the option 1 in article below:
    Renaming or Moving an Agent-Managed Computer

Another way is to remove and reinstall MOM agent on your client and then remove the old MOM & FCS record.

Issue: Agent data no longer being reported
    When you rename a computer that has the Client Security agent installed, or when you move it to another domain, the computer stops reporting data to the management server.

Background
    MOM data is associated with the name of the computer from which the data originates. Renaming a computer or changing its domain membership breaks this association.

Solution: You must remove and reinstall the MOM agent
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb643193.aspx

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rick Tan Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:28 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, you need to approve the agent for installation. Please check the option 1 in article below:
    Renaming or Moving an Agent-Managed Computer

Another way is to remove and reinstall MOM agent on your client and then remove the old MOM & FCS record.

Issue: Agent data no longer being reported
    When you rename a computer that has the Client Security agent installed, or when you move it to another domain, the computer stops reporting data to the management server.

Background
    MOM data is associated with the name of the computer from which the data originates. Renaming a computer or changing its domain membership breaks this association.

Solution: You must remove and reinstall the MOM agent
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb643193.aspx

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rick Tan Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:28 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Thank you very much.

Friday, May 11, 2012 3:23 PM