DSC: Virtual Excel 2010 with Virtual Excel 2010 Addin RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully used the DSC tool to associated two app-v packages, Office 2010 and Power Pivot for Excel. I've noticed that when you use DSC it stamps the CODEREF line in all the Office 2010 OSD files. Is there a need to have that CODEREF in all the OSD files, or can I just keep it in the Excel one?  I ask because I would prefer to just swap out the single OSD on the content share the mgmt server is pointing to and be done. That said, I want to make sure I'm not doing something that is going to cause a problem or wouldn't be supported.

Also, since I've pointed to the virtual excel.exe, I get an additional excel.exe in my sequenced package. Can I just delete this from the package since the OSD from the Office 2010 (excel) will be launching excel with the virtual addin?

Thanks!

Monday, November 14, 2011 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Its recommended to update all OSD-files. Once one out of all applications is started - the virtual environment will be setup. If you have a difference, it might cause a failure at a later stage.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 14, 2011 8:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:03 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Its recommended to update all OSD-files. Once one out of all applications is started - the virtual environment will be setup. If you have a difference, it might cause a failure at a later stage.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 14, 2011 8:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:03 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:55 PM
  • thanks, Znack.  How about deleting the extra excel shorcut created when sequencing the addin? Ok to do that?

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:01 PM
  • If you don't need it...
    /Znack
    Monday, November 14, 2011 8:07 PM