Remove duplicate calendar items from O365 user mailbox using powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to list out and delete a series of duplicate items created in one of the user's calendar. I want to list out the calendar entries based on subject and then delete them. I tried something as below but could not get it to work, please help..!

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited | Search-Mailbox -SearchQuery subject:"what you want to delete" TargetFolder "Calendar" -DeleteContent -TargetMailbox: "reference mailbox"

Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Office, and we are not the best resource for PowerShell. If you want to do this using PowerShell, I'd recommend you post your question in the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG

However, if you can access the user's calendar, we can delete the duplicate items using following steps:

1. Open the user's Calendar.

2. Click the View tab in the Ribbon, click Change View in the Ribbon, and then click to change the folder view to a table type view. For example, click the List icon.

3. Click Subject column to sort the items by Subject.

4. Hold Ctrl key and select the duplicate items you want to delete, and then press Shift + Delete to permanently delete all selected items.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:26 AM