Auto Login SFB 2016 client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 
    We are working with SFB 2015 server on-prem
    the server is hosted on domain “office.corp”

our end users computer are members on other domain “domain.com”

when the user is trying to access the skype with his email address username@domain.com he prompt for password

he enter his password

then he get this error

"Cant sign n to skype

You didnt get signed in.it might be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try those again. If that dosent work , contact your support team " 

Pressing on OK and then prompt for username

Enter his username (username@office.corp)

And then the user is able to login

Because of security reasons we are not able to enter the domain.com as recognize UPN on office.corp domain

We want to have the option that it will be automaticlly and the user will not get the error and will promt for password

I saw post regarding to SFB auto login on some site with script :

#Get the current domain
    $domain = [System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain]::GetCurrentDomain()
    $domain = "DC=$($domain.Name.Replace('.',',DC='))"
    #Get the current username and SID
    $CurrentUsername = $env:USERNAME
    $CurrentUserSid = [System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().User.Value
    #Time to connect to a domain controller and perform a ldap search with either current username or SID
    #Only one object will be returned
    $Searcher = New-Object DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher
    $Searcher.Filter = "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectSid=$($CurrentUserSid)))"
    #$Searcher.Filter = "(&(objectCategory=person)(cn=$($CurrentUsername)))"
    $Searcher.SearchRoot = "LDAP://$($domain)"
    $User = $Searcher.FindOne()
    $CurrentUpn = ([ADSI]$User.Path).userPrincipalName

If ($(Test-Path -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync") -eq $False) { New-Item "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" }
    New-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" -Name "FirstRun" -Value 1 -PropertyType "DWord" -Force
    New-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" -Name "SavePassword" -Value 1 -PropertyType "DWord" -Force
    New-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" -Name "ServerSipUri" -Value $CurrentUpn -PropertyType "String" -Force
    New-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" -Name "ServerUsername" -Value $CurrentUsername@office.corp -PropertyType "String" -Force
    New-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync" -Name "IsBasicTutorialSeenByUser" -Value 1 -PropertyType "DWord" -Force

I made some ajustments like changing the value of the ServerUsername to CurrentUsername@office.corp

And then we first trying to login, the SFB is changing the registry “ServerUsername” to the username@domain.com instead of office.corp although before the login I saw the right username@office.corp at the “ServerUsername” registry

somehow the SFB is changing the registry like the domain that im member of

I will really appricate a soultion for this one

Regards , Lior

• Edited by LiorS8 Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that you add the additional sip domain “domain.com” to SFB topology, you mean the user’s alias is username@domain.com, but he can’t sign in with this alias, he only could sign in with the address username@office.corp, right?

If this the case, we suggest you check if you set the correct sign in address for the user account, you can check this in ADUC:

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:23 AM
  • Hi 

Thanks for the replay

as  I wrote in the previous email

because of security reasons we are not able to enter the domain.com as recognize UPN on office.corp domain

and this is the reason why we tried to use a custom script and edit the registry that the user will get the office.corp domain as a username and username@domain.com as an email address at the sign in

Thanks for the help

Lior

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 1:43 PM