none
OSDCOMputer name issue - MDT2013+SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I have setup Sequence table along with prefix, and a stored procedure to update the computeridentity table, all works fine it updates the sequence number and computer name  BUT 

i am unable to get the OSDCOMPUTERNAME set to same name as computeridentity table has when its imaged with windows 7  it always sets to default MINIT-xxx name.

i am using stand alone media created form SCCM 2012.

Please suggest how to get the same machine name as updated in Computeridentity table. any settings to be done on CS.ini ?

Thanks
    Shuaib

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies

• Have you added the database connection info to your customsettings.ini?

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Please check once i am attaching the screenshot,  where i am making mistake, i am passing location value, type value  to get the machine name as TNJL7001 but i am not getting this name as it takes default name it self.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:31 PM
  • You also need the sections to pull the information from the database.

see this link which explains what happens

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-7/Deploying-Windows-7-Part16.html

You will see multiple sections such as CSettings, RSettings etc which will need adding. I would sugest you configure your MDT instance as shown n the above post then copy the relevant sections rom your MDT CustomSettings.ini in to your SCCM CustomSettings.ini you have shown above.

You obviously need to make sure you amend the priority list to include these new sections.

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks,

Adam

• Edited by Adam--D Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:35 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:16 AM