IE11 tab opens by itself! RRS feed

• Question

• Okay I have tried to search for an answer to this problem without any luck. There are several similar issues but nothing that matches what I am seeing. The computer was reported to be running slow so I logged into the local administrator to have a look. It didn't seem to be all that slow to me, until I tried to use IE11. The browser hadn't been used in this profile before so I got the first launch experience. I answered the prompts and waited for IE to do it's thing, which it appeared to do without any problem. A second tab opened with the typical first launch options but then things got weird. The screen started flashing between panes and it looked like from tab to tab. I couldn't do anything so I closed IE in the hopes that it was a fluke and would go away. When I opened IE again everything seemed good for about 5 to 10 seconds, but then a second tab popped up all by itself. This is important, I did not do anything to cause the tab to open, it did it all by itself! There was some flashing between screens and I don't really know if I would have been able to brows or not. I tried closing the extra tab and at first I could not, but then it did close. A few seconds latter it opened right back up again. I updated MacAfee and ran a full scan but found nothing. Then I tried to install Ad Aware but it failed. I may have to simply re-image this machine but it is possible that I may have several other machines with this same problem and I'd like to know if there is a fix.

tweaton

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Tweaton,

I noticed you have tried to perform a full scan with the antivirus software. To ensure the quality of scan, please try to perform a scan in safe mode. Check the symptom in safe mode, too.

According to the present, I suspect the issue may be caused by an add-ons. We could try to run “iexplore.exe -extoff” to open Internet Explorer 11 without add-ons to troubleshoot it.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, December 30, 2016 6:51 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:37 AM