Proclarity connection to 64-bit cube RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a cube which is installed on a 64-bit machine. I have my Proclarity Desktop professional and PAS running on a 32-bit machine. I am able to connect to the cube on 64-bit and create reports.But if i save my book and publish the book to PAS it give me this error "
    The selected page could not be opened because the cube could not be found. Please choose a different page." Also if i open my .bbk file after saving it gives me the same error. Any idea if proclarity can connect to a 64-bit cube. Please let me know if there are any work around.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ram
    Monday, September 22, 2008 12:42 PM

Answers

• Ram,

If you're able to connect Pro to a 64-bit SSAS instance, then you will be able to connect ProClarity Analytics Server too.  They both use the same OLE  DB Provider for OLAP.  I suggest making sure your SSAS instance has the latest service pack and that your Pro and PAS boxes have the latest Providers. 

-Joey

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50B97994-8453-4998-8226-FA42EC403D17&displaylang=en

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider

The Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider is a COM component that software developers can use to create client-side applications that browse metadata and query data stored in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services. This provider implements both the OLE DB specification and the specification’s extensions for online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining.

Note: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider requires Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0, also available on this page.

Audience(s): Customer, Partner, Developer

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:46 PM

All replies

• Ram,

ProClarity Pro and ProClarity Server both use the AS provider to connect to SSAS.  I've yet to hear of SSAS caring which provider is attempting to make the connection - from 64 or 32 bit.

Please see this great post on cube cannot be found:

http://blogs.technet.com/proclarity/archive/2008/04/08/cube-cannot-be-found.aspx

Thanks,

-Joey

Monday, September 22, 2008 9:17 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried all possible steps which you have provided me in the link. It doesn't speak about whether the SSAS is on a 32-bit or 64-bit machine. I am very much interested in knowing whether Proclarity installed on a 32-bit machine can connect to SSAS installed on a 64-bit machine?

Thanks and Regards,
    Ram

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:01 AM
  • Ram,

If you're able to connect Pro to a 64-bit SSAS instance, then you will be able to connect ProClarity Analytics Server too.  They both use the same OLE  DB Provider for OLAP.  I suggest making sure your SSAS instance has the latest service pack and that your Pro and PAS boxes have the latest Providers. 

-Joey

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50B97994-8453-4998-8226-FA42EC403D17&displaylang=en

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider

The Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider is a COM component that software developers can use to create client-side applications that browse metadata and query data stored in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services. This provider implements both the OLE DB specification and the specification’s extensions for online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining.

Note: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider requires Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0, also available on this page.

Audience(s): Customer, Partner, Developer

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:46 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am able to connect now.
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:57 AM