Possible to add contacts and call users of regular Skype with Skype for Business? RRS feed

• Question

• As stated, this looks like it should be possible, but I'm having difficulty.

A test search in the directory can locate my personal account, but I'm unable to see status or any details, and no communications are possible.

Any way to resolve this?

The use case here is to use existing Skype for Business accounts to call potential candidates, or allow them to join a meeting. Candidates have existing regular Skype accounts.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 5:19 AM

All replies

• Hi EdWilliams1451!

What is your current environment? On-premise or online?

Does this issue persist all the time?

Based on my knowledge, in order to be able to add regular Skype users as your Skype for Business contatcs, you need to submit Skype for Business federation request. We recommend you check your federation configuration by referring the following article:

https://kb.intermedia.net/Article/2538

I also did a test in my environment(Skype for Business Online) and it can locate Skype account and see Skype account status well. We can communicate each other and make call with no issue. More details about test step, you can refer to:

https://kb.intermedia.net/article/22490

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:24 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:58 AM