none
Google Hangouts

Question

• Please give me step by step directions to block google hangouts so that whomever accesses my computer will not be able to engage the app.
    Saturday, April 08, 2017 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Wicket1964,

Here are a number of search results that might interest you.  There is not just ONE thing you can do to block.  If you have a different device you might try searching for "block google hangouts on xxxxx"  where xxxxx = your device.

Larry Struckmeyer [MVP]-- --If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Saturday, April 08, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

3rd party security/control software tool may be considered. Or, hardware firewall to block specific traffic. 

For Windows Server system, you may reference - How to disable Google Hangouts:
    http://olivermarshall.net/disable-google-hangouts/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:49 AM