none
Unsupported 16-bit application - smsboot.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

New to MDT here.

Using MDT 2013 update 2 6.3.8330.1000

Been trying to build up a image of Windows 7 SP1 Pro x64 with some applications and every time to capture it throws the following error:

Unsupported 16-Bit Application

The program of feature "\??\C:\MININT\Tool\X64\smsboot.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity wi 64-bit versions of Windows. Please cotnac the software vendor to ask if a 64-Bit Windows compatible version is available.

The reference machine is running on vmware workstation 12 pro and at this point I have uninstalled vmware tools. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by xmod2015 Sunday, May 8, 2016 1:42 PM
    Sunday, May 8, 2016 1:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Rebuild your shares boot images. Right click the share root in the workbench and select update.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Sunday, May 8, 2016 3:48 PM
  • Share has been updated and I have completely recreated the boot images. The way I was trying to capture the machine was browsing to the deployment share and running the litetouch.vbs script. This was also giving the same error.
    Sunday, May 8, 2016 9:41 PM
  • For some reason the 32 bit version was copied into your share. Create a new share and copy the tools directory into your old one.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Sunday, May 8, 2016 10:17 PM