none
Weird Print Preview behavior Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Seeing very odd Print Preview behavior in a Project Pro 2010 schedule.  The schedule may already have some internal issues as it typically takes at least 15 minutes to load from Project Server, with most of that time going to using 25% of the CPU.  Otherwise, the schedule performs normally after it's loaded, including external links.

The schedule top-level summary task runs from 9/11/14 to 5/5/15.  When I call up Print Preview, the default date range that appears is from 6/14/2002 to 6/27/1985.  No typos - the default start really is 17 YEARS AFTER the default finish, and both dates are way off from what appears in the schedule or even the initial Print Preview image.

If I try to use the Page Setup "Fit to:" option to set the "pages wide by pages tall" values to something like 1x15, I get a pop-up (twice) that "The current project is too large to fit in the specified number of pages.  Project has set the printer scaling to 10 percent a and will print your project at 10 percent of normal size.".  Print Preview then proceeds to draw a page with miniscule task lines and Gantt rendering.

However, if I go ahead and actually press the Print button, the print driver, in this case Adobe PDF, actually renders the print job the way I asked it to, i.e., legibly.  (I get the same preview behaviors if I use the XPS driver, but I don't know if that driver will also untangle the preview mess if I actually Print.)

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

LP

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:31 AM

All replies