none
6004 issues with Exchange 2007 SP3 outlook Anywhere RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a fresh-installed Exchange 2007 SP3 (no any roll update). Background:
    1DC: Exchange 2008 R2 SP1 (with all of the latest updates)
    1Exch07 (MBX,CAS,HUB): Exchange 2008 R2 SP1 (with all of the latest updates)
    Error message in ExRCA (as usual): 

Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6004 (NSPI Proxy Interface) on server ex07.domain.local.
    The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
    Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
    Elapsed Time: 6687 ms

I've researched many articles and changed so many registry keys (even one key on my DC) and disable IPv6, but sill not work!!!!!

I think it's really a shame that:
    As a client, we still need to edit so many registry keys manually (but not stated during the installation) although I have installed Exch07 SP3 (which has stated that has resolved this kind of OA issue). Furthermore, it still cannot fix the issue!!!

Anyone one can help provide some suggestions?

• Edited by Yanrr Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:03 PM
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:01 PM

Answers

• I think it's a shame that you're running software two releases behind and complaining about things like this!

Try using RPCPING and verifying that everything is working properly within your own LAN first. RPCPING can check both direct RPC and RPC-over-HTTPS. If it works within your LAN the you can move your investigation to your perimeter network (firewall, ISA, TMS, etc.).

Complaining about having to change registry values without saying which ones you changed or the values you changed them to and on which machines smacks of desperation on your part.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:42 PM

All replies

• I think it's a shame that you're running software two releases behind and complaining about things like this!

Try using RPCPING and verifying that everything is working properly within your own LAN first. RPCPING can check both direct RPC and RPC-over-HTTPS. If it works within your LAN the you can move your investigation to your perimeter network (firewall, ISA, TMS, etc.).

Complaining about having to change registry values without saying which ones you changed or the values you changed them to and on which machines smacks of desperation on your part.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:42 PM
  • I've added all of the registry key in the following blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2008/06/20/3405633.aspx

In addition, if the default installation won't work for Exch2007 SP3 with 2008 R2 SP1, why there is no official document about what things we need to change?

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:37 PM
  • So you have 2 CAS? Are they load balanced? If they are, what sort of affinity is employed by the load balancer?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:40 AM
  • No, I just install one Ex07 (MBX+CAS+HUB).
    I don't understand why the default installation cannot work in this simple topology.

Give this situation, do you know what register key I need to change?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:59 PM
  • When you be using RPCPING to verify that access works inside your LAN? Don't forget to test RPC and HTTP methods.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:37 PM