none
Scorecard filter only works on rows? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems filtering a scorecard by product when product is not on the rows of the scorecard.

I have created the scorecard from a tabular datasource.  The datasource has product and time "dimensions" and then actual, target, and trend values.  Right now, the scorecard as 1 KPI as the row and 3 columns (Actual, Target, Trend).  It works fine without a filter applied.  When I apply a filter and try to link it to the scorecard (dashboard item endpoint: Filter), the scorecard returns ERROR in all columns.

If I apply the filter, and link it as Dashboard Item Endpoint: Rows, the scorecard displays correctly, except that the product I am filtering on is addded as an additional row, which I cannot have.  I have tried adding products to the rows, and then hiding all of them, but the filtered product still remains visible as a row.

If I apply the filter, Dashboard Item Endpoint: Columns, the product shows up as a column group (which would be ok) but the Actual, Target, and Trend are all blank.

I have tried this with both Tabular and Member Selection filters, same result each time.  I know this should not be so complicated!!

Why won't my filter work as a filter??

Monday, May 11, 2009 6:49 PM

Answers

• I created an Excel tabular data source with Product, Time, Actual, and Target.  I then created a KPI with the Actual and Target information reference and put this in a scorecard.  Setting up the filter with a member selection for the Product and I associated this filter on the dashboard to the scorecard with the Filter endpoint and it works as expected.

If you leave the Source value for the filter to Display Value you will get the ERROR!, but if you use the Member UniqueName it will work as expected with the tabular data source.

If this is not working for you then I would need more specifics as to the design of the KPI and scorecard because it does work.  Are you running SP2 release of PPS (version 3.0.4209.00 - PerformancePoint Server 2007 Hotfixes Available and Build List)?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Lisa LRB Monday, May 11, 2009 10:23 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:59 PM

All replies

• Change your filter link to the scorecard to reference 'Member UniqueName' instead of 'Display Value' for the Source Value and you will be good to go.  The filter will work as expected with using it with the Filter endpoint.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:27 PM
  • I had it set to Member UniqueName for the MemberSelection filter.  I just tried switching it to Display Value - makes no difference between the two, because this is coming from a tabular data source that doesn't have keys, just product names.  Either way (Member UniqueName or Display Value) I still get ERROR when I switch to filters.
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:52 PM
  • I created an Excel tabular data source with Product, Time, Actual, and Target.  I then created a KPI with the Actual and Target information reference and put this in a scorecard.  Setting up the filter with a member selection for the Product and I associated this filter on the dashboard to the scorecard with the Filter endpoint and it works as expected.

If you leave the Source value for the filter to Display Value you will get the ERROR!, but if you use the Member UniqueName it will work as expected with the tabular data source.

If this is not working for you then I would need more specifics as to the design of the KPI and scorecard because it does work.  Are you running SP2 release of PPS (version 3.0.4209.00 - PerformancePoint Server 2007 Hotfixes Available and Build List)?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Lisa LRB Monday, May 11, 2009 10:23 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:59 PM
  • I just created an Excel 2007 dump of my SQL table, and used that as a new source to start from the ground up. Everything works fine.  I can switch my filters to use my SQL source, and that also works.  For some reason, when I switch my KPIs to the SQL source, they no longer work...
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:22 PM