Update server listed multiple times in navigation pane RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to WSUS. Deployed a new 2012 R2 server and added WSUS to it. Most of my machines are reporting to it. In the navigation pane I have always had it listed twice. Once just the name of the server and once with the domain included. I was attempting to get reporting worked out and install Report Viewer and .NET as well. Subsequently it is now listed 3 more times with the domain in the navigation pane for a total of 5 times. What does this mean?
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi gduckwall,

Check if my understanding is correct. One WSUS client have duplicate lists in WSUS console. For example, WSUS client "exp.test.com" shows in WSUS console multiple times with name "exp" and "exp.test.com".

(If you can provide a screenshot, it's better to provide it)

If my above understanding is correct, please run server cleanup wizard, check if it could work.

If it still doesn't work, please also reindex WSUS database:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939795(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi gduckwall,

Check if my understanding is correct. One WSUS client have duplicate lists in WSUS console. For example, WSUS client "exp.test.com" shows in WSUS console multiple times with name "exp" and "exp.test.com".

(If you can provide a screenshot, it's better to provide it)

If my above understanding is correct, please run server cleanup wizard, check if it could work.

If it still doesn't work, please also reindex WSUS database:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939795(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:07 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I do not have server cleanup wizard as an available options. Only Disk Cleanup. It will not allow me to add a screen shot because my account is not verified...Not sure how to do that.

I will look at reindexing the DB.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:43 PM
  • Hi George Duckwall,

> I do not have server cleanup wizard as an available options.

Please check here:

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:52 AM
  • Hi George Duckwall,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark useful replies as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.
    Best Regards,
    Anne

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:20 AM