Mails from my own SMTP server marked as spam RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a dedicated SMTP server that I want to use for my customers, so I can provide then a professional email service with their domain names.

I have configured this SMTP server to have all the security settings :
    - SSL certificate
    - SPF record
    - Sender ID
    - DMARC record
    - DKIM valid signature from author's domain
    - Reverse DNS OK for IPv4 and IPv6
    - I am not blacklisted on any blacklist
    - My message don't contain any broken link or anything that could be seen as spam

My score is 10/10 on mail-tester.com, and 0.1 in SpamAssassin.
    But even with this, when I send mails to my outlook account (email xxxxx@live.be), they are moved to junk folder.

I checked my server mail logs, and the outlook response when I send the mail is "250<mymail@mydomain.be> Queued mail for delivery".

I can send mails to Gmail wthout problem, but Yahoo is marking me as spam, too.
    I have read about the Return Path certification, but I would like to avoid to pay for that.

Is there any way I can make Outlook accept my mails, or to know why it is filtered as spam, so I can fix the problem on my server ? Do you have any clue ?

Thank you very much,
    Best regards,

-- Arnaud Dohogne
    Deigné Informatique --

Monday, January 30, 2017 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have a dedicated SMTP server that I want to use for my customers, so I can provide then a professional email service with their domain names.

I have configured this SMTP server to have all the security settings :
    - SSL certificate
    - SPF record
    - Sender ID
    - DMARC record
    - DKIM valid signature from author's domain
    - Reverse DNS OK for IPv4 and IPv6
    - I am not blacklisted on any blacklist
    - My message don't contain any broken link or anything that could be seen as spam

My score is 10/10 on mail-tester.com, and 0.1 in SpamAssassin.
    But even with this, when I send mails to my outlook account (email xxxxx@live.be), they are moved to junk folder.

I checked my server mail logs, and the outlook response when I send the mail is "250<mymail@mydomain.be> Queued mail for delivery".

I can send mails to Gmail wthout problem, but Yahoo is marking me as spam, too.
    I have read about the Return Path certification, but I would like to avoid to pay for that.

Is there any way I can make Outlook accept my mails, or to know why it is filtered as spam, so I can fix the problem on my server ? Do you have any clue ?

Thank you very much,
    Best regards,

-- Arnaud Dohogne
    Deigné Informatique --

Why not send a message to their postmasters and ask them?

Blog:    Twitter:   

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:46 PM
  • Hi,

This forum focuses on the general discussion for Outlook client while your issue seems to be related to Outlook.com. I think it is better to ask a question in Outlook.com forum for more help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:03 AM