none
Update Rings RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make sure I have the Update ring configured properly and when I can expect our users to start getting Windows 10 1903. I have it on semi annual with the feature deferral at 175. Does that mean roughly 6mo after 1903 is released to the public that our users should start to see it download and install on their machines? If so wouldnt that be sometime in late November?

Also what is recommended for the deadline settings? I was thinking of 10 days for feature, 5 days for quality and 5 days for grace period with auto reboot set to yes. 

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Basically, the deferral period begins when the policy is received by the device. Please see below info.

Specify the number of days for which Feature Updates are deferred. This period is in addition to any deferral period that is part of the service channel you select. The deferral period begins when the policy is received by the device.

The following article introduces the suggested deadline. You can refer to it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/wufb-compliancedeadlines

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Do you have a link that I can tell which feature update that I should be expecting depending on how many days I have the deferral set to? 
    Monday, November 18, 2019 3:56 PM