Skype For Business - First Time Autorun For Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am about to roll out Skype for Business for my organization.  One issue I have come across is that when users login to a PC for the first time they have to manually run Skype for the first time use on this PC profile.  Once ran Skype automatically runs on this PC for this user whenever they login, however when moving to another PC the application does not auto launch and login as user has not logged in before on this PC. 

Is there any way around this?, because when logging into a PC a user will not remember to launch Skype manually and therefore they will not receive calls.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi ENGAPETE,

What did you do for Skype for business automatically run?

By my research, we could create GPO to run SFB client automatically when user login. If you have done, please refer to the following link to check setting for this GPO:
    http://kkutech.com/startup-skype-for-business-for-a-domain-настройка-автозагрузки-skype-for-business-дл/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, March 31, 2017 9:54 AM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:52 AM