none
Duplicate or Missing My Tasks Grid in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm the business side Admin for our Project Server 2007 SP3 implementation but don't get involved in the SQL or Sharepoint (wss3.0) administration of the system. Over the past several weeks I've fielded complaints from users regarding either missing or duplicate Tasks grids when they click on My Tasks. In all cases these were users which did not have hte ability to modify their page settings. In all cases the remedy was to promote to Project Manager, a role which allows changing page settings then deleting the task grid web part then saving and returning the user to project member role. In most cases this has been a temporary fix with the problem returning within a few days. In other cases the problem was a missing tasks grid. Similar fix to this problem too.

I'm hoping someone has seen this strange behaviour before and can help me. I'm grasping at straws. Thanks in advance ....

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect that someone in your organization witht he rights to change the page for eveyone, not just for themselves, is either inadvertently doing this or maliciously doing this. I have never seen web parts change spontaneously in SharePoint or Project Server, only as a result of user intervention.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Gary, thanks for your response. That's the strange thing though, it's not all users, only a small handful of users out of a pool of around 200 users. As I mentioned in my initial post, it's even further strange in that I've seen at least two cases where the user didn't have the rights to modify the page settings. The other interesting tidbit is that one user participates in two Project Server implementations. On one, he can see the grid fine and on the second - no dice. My best (and only) current guess is that it's some type of corruption of the SQL database. The dbs claim the maintenance procedures are up to date and no errors are detected.

Last piece of info - since I posted last I've seen three occurances of this problem one of which being on my own machine. All other users are fine.

Confused ...............

Monday, July 16, 2012 5:28 PM