none
SSAS2005 currency conversion for calculated measures based on measure error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a problem whith the currency conversion (I've use the SSAS2005 currency conversion wizard) when it comes to calculated measures based on measures. I have a calculated measure a)

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.Measures.[_Only third party] AS Sum({Descendants([Customer].[CustomerGroup].&[1], [Customer].[CustomerGroup])}, [Measures].[Amount])

and another calculated member b) which uses calculated measure a)

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Account].[AccountIAS].[511.11 - Sales net of taxes - Group] AS [Account].[AccountIAS].[Type].&[T].&[51].&[511].&[511.13] - ([Account].[AccountIAS].[Type].&[T].&[51].&[511].&[511.13],[Measures].[_Only third party]);

When the currency conversion is performed on a calculated member ([511.11 - Sales net of taxes - Group] ) the values in the reporting currencies don't get right. (accidentally it shows the currency rate of the reporting currency)

For reference I have a calculated member c)

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Account].[AccountIAS].[511.1 - Sales net of taxes] AS [Account].[AccountIAS].[Type].&[T].&[51].&[511].&[511.13]

which is working fine for the reporting currencies. So - what is the problem with calculated measures based on measures regarding the currency conversion - and is there a way to get around this issue?

Br,

Henrik

Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:09 PM