none
AD sync between AD on premise and private cloud AD

Question

• Hello,

In my company, we are using one on premise AD implementation and another AD implemented on our private cloud ( VMware cloud ). I'd like to ask about:

the best way to do Active Directory synchronization between both AD implementations. Also, the best integration method with other 3rd part applications e.g. Oracle apps, IBM SW ,..etc )

Thanks & BR

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:42 AM

Answers

• Hello,

In my company, we are using one on premise AD implementation and another AD implemented on our private cloud ( VMware cloud ). I'd like to ask about:

the best way to do Active Directory synchronization between both AD implementations. Also, the best integration method with other 3rd part applications e.g. Oracle apps, IBM SW ,..etc )

Thanks & BR

The one solution I can recommend for synchronizing an AD to another AD is utilizing an IDM solutions like FIM 2010 R2 or MIM. These two has the most flexibility and AD understanding and if I recall correctly they have IBM DB2 and Oracle compatibility and you can sync your users and even provision them to your Oracle DB or IBM DB2. 

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks & BR

The one solution I can recommend for synchronizing an AD to another AD is utilizing an IDM solutions like FIM 2010 R2 or MIM. These two has the most flexibility and AD understanding and if I recall correctly they have IBM DB2 and Oracle compatibility and you can sync your users and even provision them to your Oracle DB or IBM DB2. 

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 6, 2017 8:34 AM