Low No Space on MY Computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have noticed that my computer is our of space to continue work. as such I can't save important files to my machine and will not print files due to this. Need solution o this problem as soon as possible.

Monday, June 18, 2018 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Lionel.

The first action to take is running the Windows Disk Cleanup tool to free as much space as possible.
    Also try moving some files (e.g.: pictures, videos, songs) to an external disk: multimedia files usually take a lot of disk space.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Monday, June 18, 2018 2:58 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:10 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2018 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, you can also refer to the following article and check the result.

7 Ways To Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows

https://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:11 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Well disk clean-up/add-remove software,helps but one must edit with proper cmds...In run,type:  %Temp%

in newwindow/organize/select all/R.click on data/delete all/exit.Return to run,type: CLEANMGR /SAGESET

select all,return to run,type: CLEANMGR /SAGERUN  once done,Defrag C:  in cmd   Also,youre pc/any pc can benefit by installing a USB flash drive..Put youre audio/video/files to it,set this as active in diskmgmt.msc

Plus,set as a page-file/virtual memory  in pc advanced settings..Once configured,CLEANMGR /SAGERUN  will clean up all/any storage device..

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751291.aspx

Learn the storage facts from above link,it works with all Win OS

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:30 AM