SCSM 2010 - false IR, CR notifications generated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,  

we have SCSM 2010 in our env .  the issue we are facing right nwo is that every now and then SCSM sends out incident / change request closure emails  for incidents/chang requestes that were already closed quiet a long time a go.

what triggers this , how do i check it and how do i fix it... any help would be great

Monday, September 9, 2013 11:29 AM

All replies

• Not sure how SCSM2010 works but in 2012 you can modify an incident for example after it is closed and if the workflow is checking incident with the flag updated it might trigger to send a closed email again.

If you know a case where it has sent the closed email twice check the history tab and see if anything i changed (if thats possible in 2010)

Monday, September 9, 2013 12:14 PM
  • In our case the incidents have not been updated / modified after closer but we are getting emails in a random order.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:48 AM
  • I would expect that you have some failed WF that keep retrying and send mail when get chance to run successfully. I saw that before when servers have a limited resources or some IO problems that cause WF to fail. 

Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:56 AM