Unable to create site collection due missing some features. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create new site collection on production farm. but it shows msg 'sorry something went wrong'.

when I explored the log file, then i have observed that some feature XML files are missing which are following

• PowerView 
    • PowerViewStapling 
    • ReportServer 
    • ReportServerCentralAdmin 
    • ReportServerStapling

previously entire farm was working absolutely fine but now it's not.

suggest the work around 

Thanx in advance

Tushar Mahajan

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Tushar,

Are you trying to create a new site or from site templates or other backups?

• If you are trying to create a new site from the backup which has Report Server, Power View, etc. features then the new farm/server should have all these features configured to create a new site with those features.
    • If you are creating a new site from Central Admin then which Template are you using to create a new site? If it is related to Business Intelligence then you need to have those features installed and configured as services in Central Admin.
    • If not the above 2 scenarios then some services / configuration may be corrupted. 

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Tushar,

Then you may have to troubleshoot the Central Admin to check if the services are running as expected. From the error log, I understand there are some issues with Reporting Server/Services.

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Tushar,

Are you trying to create a new site or from site templates or other backups?

• If you are trying to create a new site from the backup which has Report Server, Power View, etc. features then the new farm/server should have all these features configured to create a new site with those features.
    • If you are creating a new site from Central Admin then which Template are you using to create a new site? If it is related to Business Intelligence then you need to have those features installed and configured as services in Central Admin.
    • If not the above 2 scenarios then some services / configuration may be corrupted. 

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Thanx for reply Marutha.

I am creating new site collection by using teamsite.

previously all services are good n working.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Tushar,

Then you may have to troubleshoot the Central Admin to check if the services are running as expected. From the error log, I understand there are some issues with Reporting Server/Services.

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:03 AM