none
Authentice Project Server PSI from within API APP RRS feed

• Question

• I have an API app that uses AAD for authentication This all works fine from my web browser. Within the API app, I want to access data from a project server installation using the Project Server Interface (PSI). Actually using FluentPS services, but that uses the PSI behind the scenes.

If I hard code in the parameters I need (username, password, create a cookie) then I can use the FluentPS Services, and by extension the PSI.

What I want to do is try to automate the process so that rather than hard coding specific user information, I use the credentials of the user that logged into the API. I should be able to just access the PSI using the credentials of the user, without re-specifying credentials. The account username and password used to authenticate against AAD is the same username and password I have hardcoded.

I do not have anything additional setup for the project server instance in AAD, as far as permissions to authenticate. I don't think I need (nor do I want to) do this. Since I can manually create the authentication to the PSI within the API app and that works.

Any suggestions on how to generate the authentication I need from within the API app?

• Moved by Arvind S. Iyer Friday, June 26, 2015 9:51 PM Moving to a more appropriate forum.
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:07 PM

All replies

• Greetings!

We find that the query is more relevant to Project Server and would find it appropriate there hoping for better expert coverage.

Thank you,

Arvind

Friday, June 26, 2015 7:45 PM