none
Day by Day backup RRS feed

• Question

• Can I use same TAPE to backup day by day in DPM? ex: When I backup Tuesday, using the same TAPE I used Monday, the Monday will be errased.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:38 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• You mean that you want 1 day retention only?

What's the purpose of tapes in that case? Can't you use short-term protection on disk for this?

Anyway it can be done using short term on tape strategy. Select 1 day retention and your previous tape will be expired at the time of the backup.

I would advise at least 2 days retention as you are not protected in case of a problem during the backup.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:44 PM

All replies

• You mean that you want 1 day retention only?

What's the purpose of tapes in that case? Can't you use short-term protection on disk for this?

Anyway it can be done using short term on tape strategy. Select 1 day retention and your previous tape will be expired at the time of the backup.

I would advise at least 2 days retention as you are not protected in case of a problem during the backup.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:44 PM
  • housekeeping - closing old post.  Open a new post if you still have a need.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:23 PM