IPV4 configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

For some reasons I need to use static IP and DNS server address but windows 10 seems to have a problem saving my changes and gives me this error (An unexpected condition occurred. Not all of your requested changes in settings could be made.) 

does anybody know whats causing this?

Thank you

Monday, August 31, 2015 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It might related to your NIC device, please uninstall all your NIC devices and only install the one you use with the newest NIC driver for good measure.

If you have bridge protocol settings, Network Bridge will need to be removed before you can change the settings of its parts. It could be set by some virtual machines software such like VMware.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:35 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It might related to your NIC device, please uninstall all your NIC devices and only install the one you use with the newest NIC driver for good measure.

If you have bridge protocol settings, Network Bridge will need to be removed before you can change the settings of its parts. It could be set by some virtual machines software such like VMware.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:35 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 4:01 AM
  • I found that I needed to check the "Validate Settings Upon Exit" option after manually adding valid static IP, netmask, gateway and dns.  This option is located at the bottom of the dialogue used to select between Automatic and Manual IP address assignment.

You should see the following behavior after manually adding valid IP, Netmask, gateway and gateway values, checking the validate box and clicking on OK.

1. A network troubleshoot will start and will immediately attempt "fix" the problem by removing the gateway and dns settings you gave entered. Close the the troubleshooter before allowing it to break your valid settings.

2. A sidebar will open from the right edge of your screen and ask if you wish to enable network connectivity. Select yes of course.  You should have steady or intermittent internet connectivity following this step.

3. Open File explorer and look for a notification bar informing you that network discovery and configuration is not enabled and offering the option to click on it to enable this functionality. Clicking on it usually does actually enable network discovery.

If all is successful your network should now be identified and the identified status should be changed from public to private.  Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:56 AM
    Sunday, September 13, 2015 10:05 PM
  • The validate settings method doesn't work for me, and I do not want to uninstall my VMware. Can someone please suggest a step-by-step tutorial for a novice like me? I need to change my IP to communicate with a biomedical device. 
    Monday, September 21, 2015 3:05 PM