none
microsoft games in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• The free chess, solitare, hearts, and other free microsoft games will not load properly and display a not responding message.  I am running windows 7 now on my hp hdx 18 laptop.  It worked before with 7.  I have tried trubleshooting, cant find an update.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm whether the "Not responding message" only occur when launching Microsoft games? Does it occur when launching other application?

This issue can occur by incompatible third party programs, virus or corrupted program. Here are some suggestions you can try:

1. Perform a Clean Boot to check the result. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

2. Uninstall the games and reinstall them. Please open Control Panel and click "Add or Remove Programs" icon. In the opened window, please click "Turn Windows features on or off". In "Windows Features" box, please uncheck the problematic games and click OK. Then, please restart the machine and repeat above steps to check the games back.

If there is any error message, please upload it to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com) and share the link to me for research.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:03 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:14 AM