My Site/Profile Properties Question SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We are having an issue where some users are able to view the Security Information section (Security Question & Security Answer) of users they look up through My Sites ont he My Profile page. As a SharePoint Administrator, I don't even see the Security Information section when I look up a user unless I load a profile on the Edit Profiles page. When I look at the visibilty of the Security Question and Security Answer fields they are marked "Only Me". Why would some users be able to see these fields on any profile they look up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian

Friday, March 2, 2012 5:30 PM

Answers

• Jack -- Thanks for your response. However, I was notified that this is occurring because a certain group was given permissions to view these columns. The target was set at the template level. I was unaware at the time that this group had these special privileges.

Thanks again,

Brian

• Marked as answer by codejones Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:05 PM

All replies

•  

Hi jonesy540,

What is your section? It is a web part? if you want set this section visible only for you , you can set the attribute of  audience targeting. This is type of “People Or Group”, you can enter your account, then other people will not see it. If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Jack -- Thanks for your response. However, I was notified that this is occurring because a certain group was given permissions to view these columns. The target was set at the template level. I was unaware at the time that this group had these special privileges.

Thanks again,

Brian

• Marked as answer by codejones Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:05 PM