none
Need to upgrade desktops in a small/meduim sized office RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking to update our old desktop units at our office (some are as old as 2002). The majority of the workers do not need high powered models. We are uncertain if it is better for us to buy low end pre-built units or buy parts and build-to-suit. My biggest concern will be upgradeability to keep the units viable as long as possible. We currently have Windows XP and Windows 7 OS, it would be nice to have everyone on Win7. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:05 PM

Answers

• DEPENDS on the business need or nature of business.

I would alway invest in for three years so no need to buy or upgrade every sixz month. but 5-10 new comouters with exact builts and OS and buy from one vendor like DELL.

If you want to build your own then you need to ivest your time too so basicallt you compare the time versus cost. I would definitely go with DELL and have pre-installed Windows 7 Professional, logon and then add to the domain.

Where Technology Meets Talent
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:38 PM

All replies

• DEPENDS on the business need or nature of business.

I would alway invest in for three years so no need to buy or upgrade every sixz month. but 5-10 new comouters with exact builts and OS and buy from one vendor like DELL.

If you want to build your own then you need to ivest your time too so basicallt you compare the time versus cost. I would definitely go with DELL and have pre-installed Windows 7 Professional, logon and then add to the domain.

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:38 PM
  • any updates?
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 4:47 AM