Streaming SFT Regarding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a query on my labsetup.plz clarify me.

i have sequenced the package to implement in the standalone mode.I have 2 VM(both are win7) s with static ips, Both communicating well. i have installed app-v clientin one VM and in the same i have installed the package through following cmdline msiexec /i "path to msi" SFTPATH="\\2nd VM computername\share\.sft".

But while instaling itself showing error like  "Acces Denied 00000005 error"  But for the share i have given full permission to everyone.

here in 2nd VM i didnt install App-V client too.its just a Clean  OS with the .sft file in share.

why this causes? did its not possible or i have 2 keep the .sft only in server.

Vignesh.R

• Edited by CBERV Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:25 AM
    • Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:10 AM (From:App-V Server and Management)
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:21 AM

Answers

• Put both machines in a domain and it should work

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Does the computer account (which the Windows Installer engine uses) have access to the folder?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

yes the computer account has the access for that folder , actually i given the FULL PERMISSION to the all user accounts of the VM2 Machine whr i kept my .sft file.

I m getting this info in log file

The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'file://\\GPF-PKG-STD\Mendesk1_v01\Mendesk1_v01_4.sft' (rc 14200C2A-00000005, original rc 14200C2A-00000005).

Vignesh.R

• Edited by CBERV Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:50 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

When I m trying to install through msiexec /i  "Path msi" SFTPATH=\\Hostname of secondVM\sharefolder\.sft"

i m facing the problem error code C2A-00000005 "ACCESS DENIED" .

Did i need to install app-v client in second vm also r enough to installin 1 st itself wher i m trying to install the pkg through msi util.

Vignesh.R

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:44 AM
  • It's a permissions issue, if you're still seeing "Access Denied" then the App-V client still can't see SFT file. You don't need to install the App-V client on the machine hosting the SFT file. Are both machines in a domain or are they workgroup machines? 

Alternatively, copy the App-V package locally and deploy from there.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Both the machinees are in workgroup, the package having full permissons to all the users , and locally its working fine.

But i want to chk it out in this model. so plz help me out to resolve this.

what should i do to resolve this... i searched on this error in multiple sites and not yet resolved.

Vignesh.R

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:04 AM
  • Hello,

1. Copy the package locally and perform the actions, does it work?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi

The application working fine if i perform the actions locally.BUt i want to implement with the above lab setup, How can i?

Vignesh.R

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Put both machines in a domain and it should work

• Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:25 AM
  • "yes the computer account has the access for that folder , actually i given the FULL PERMISSION to the all user accounts of the VM2 Machine whr i kept my .sft file."

Did you give the PC (Workgroup\ComputerName$) rights on that share also?
    reference: Kirx Blog

/vkleinerde

• Edited by volkerkleiner Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:49 AM