none
Outlook 2016 crashes IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Whenever I open outlook a internet explorer has stopped working popup appears.

I tried below methods-

Uninstall IE 11 and re-installed it but it didn't work.

Ran office repair but it didn't work.

Tried to open outlook with disabling all add-ins but it didn't work.

Windows is up to date.

When I checked for event viewer it displays:

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a494e101de5d
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\iertutil.dll

I am using Windows 10 LTSB 2015 (Build 10240) and IE 11 (11.0.50).

Can someone help.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:47 AM

All replies

• hi Ieco,

Thanks for posting.

You could perform a Clean Boot to check the result.

If the issue still exists, collect one app crash dump.

First enable app crash dump collection by copying following words into notepad, saving it as dump.reg and importing it:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\localdumps\EXCEL.EXE]
    "DumpFolder"=hex(2):63,00,3a,00,5c,00,63,00,72,00,61,00,73,00,68,00,64,00,75,\
      00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00
    "DumpCount"=dword:00000010
    "DumpType"=dword:00000001
    "CustomDumpFlags"=dword:00000000

Then, open Excel to repro the issue. If crash issue appeared, please find the *.dump file under c:\.

Also, you can try to analyze dump by yourself if you would like to:
    How to analyze app crash dump file:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/05/29/basic-debugging-of-an-application-crash.aspx

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know. 
    Have a nice day! 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Harap diingat untuk menandai balasan sebagai jawaban jika mereka membantu.
    Jika Anda memiliki umpan balik untuk TechNet Subscriber Support, hubungi tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:56 AM
  • The same thing is happening to me on multiple computers in my environment. They're all Windows 10 LTSB laptops running Office 365 2016. When they open Outlook 2016 it causes an error stating that IE has crashed. In every case IE is not even open. If I log in as myself (an admin) it works fine. Any help will be much appreciated.

Joe

Friday, March 2, 2018 3:42 PM
  • If I log in as myself (an admin) it works fine.

So, you have two otherwise identical cases which you could trace to compare for the essential differences.  Try running ProcMon for that and saving the .PML logs.  A third case might be starting the Outlook task elevated in a normal user's session.  Normally we haven't any tack for the comparison than trying to find the first significant discrepancy but since you know that iexplore.exe is somehow involved you could start from where that gets started and then compare from there.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, March 3, 2018 6:12 PM
    Answerer