I must be missing something RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Very new to UAG but have some IAG experience..not a lot.
    I have successfully installed & published Exchange, no problems there, however, what I want to do is have a portal which lists my published apps. I start with a blank UAG config & add a new trunk with only the portal tab selected. I then run through the wizard and save & apply the configuration. When I test it, I get the request error page which says - Forbidden directory, Listing denied, Close the browser & try again. Error code 403.14.

Am I missing something simple? Can I have an empty portal?

Thanks
    Steve

Thursday, December 24, 2009 6:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Publishing an empty portal is supported in UAG. The 403.14 issue you encountered can be the result of any number of configuration issues. To overcome it, I suggest you try the following:
    1. Try to delete the site generated in IIS with the name of your trunk, and then activate UAG (that site will get re-created in IIS after UAG activates).
    2. Check in the advanced trunk configuration that the checkbox "Apply an Outlook Web Access look and feel" (under the Authentication tab) is unchecked. (It should be un-checked in case you’re trying to publish the UAG portal).

Let me know if it helps,

Thanks,
    David

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, December 28, 2009 5:34 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Publishing an empty portal is supported in UAG. The 403.14 issue you encountered can be the result of any number of configuration issues. To overcome it, I suggest you try the following:
    1. Try to delete the site generated in IIS with the name of your trunk, and then activate UAG (that site will get re-created in IIS after UAG activates).
    2. Check in the advanced trunk configuration that the checkbox "Apply an Outlook Web Access look and feel" (under the Authentication tab) is unchecked. (It should be un-checked in case you’re trying to publish the UAG portal).

Let me know if it helps,

Thanks,
    David

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, December 28, 2009 5:34 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 1:42 PM
  • I managed to get it working. It requires a restart of IIS every time I create a plain portal. BUG....
    Monday, December 28, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Hi Steve,
      Which build of UAG are you using?  Are there any IIS ISAPI plugins intalled on this system? Any AV/Firewall software installed on the sytem?  When the error happens can you try and enable "Failed Request Tracing" in IIS7 management console for the website that you are getting the error on?   Do you still get the error? if so the Failed Request log should provide some details.
    Regards,
    Dan Herzog
    Microsoft CSS IAG/UAG Support
    • Proposed as answer by AHoefler Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:03 AM
  • Hy Dan,
    i just started with the UAG and having some problems.
    Do you have a best practice guide or somithing like that, that i can configure my uag for testing?
    It seems, that I can`t achieve any goals without  help ;-)

Greets Andy
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:44 PM
  • Hi All,

Had exactly the same issue with UAG (Eval) RTM.  Running McAfee Enterprise AV with the same policies as another TMG box so should have been fine.

IISRESET did the trick for me also
    Mick Huxley
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:36 AM
  • Hello Dears,
    Same here, fresh UAG RTM eval installation, 4 GB machine with quad core, no AV and fresh lab install, IISRESET is required in every configuration change
    Regards, Mahmoud Magdy http://busbar.blogspot.com http://ingazat.wordpress.com
    Monday, February 15, 2010 11:25 PM
  • You shouldn't need to do a complete iisreset.  If you have this problem you can go into IIS Manager on each of the UAG servers in your array, and do a restart of the IIS site associated with the newly created trunk.  This should resolve the issue without impacting any of your other published trunks.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 6:29 PM