none
Microsoft Project 2013 - Pasted tasks are not linked correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I am copying tasks (selecting whole row), and when I paste them, they are not linked correctly.  I am seeing the same issue whether I paste them within a project file or into a new file (same table).  Same issue whether I paste in between existing task rows or at the bottom of the file. 

As expected, any linkages that to/from tasks outside the selection do not paste.  However, tasks linked to other tasks within the selection do not link correctly, UNLESS the link is to the task immediately above.  I do get this error message:

I am experiencing this on a test file - no summary tasks, no lead/lag, all FS relationships.

I am running Microsoft Project 2013 Professional (15.0.4911.1000) MSO (15.0.4911.1000) 64-bit.

Any ideas?

Saturday, April 1, 2017 11:01 PM

All replies

• krcullen,

First of all, copy and paste isn't the best way to re-arrange a project file. Drag and drop is a better approach.

More specifically, what exactly do you mean by, "...are not linked correctly"? An example or screen shot would help.

Also, please explain what you mean by "pasting into a new file (same table)".

It could be that will all the copying and pasting, the file has become corrupt. Does the issue still occur on a new fresh file?

John

Sunday, April 2, 2017 3:36 PM