Using Disk2vhd to virtualize Phisical Machine with Windows XP and Legacy Software RRS feed

• Question

• \

Hallo guys, first sorry for my bad english..

We have an old machine with Windows XP with one Legacy sofware developped i think with ACCESS.20. This machine has the HARD DISK with some problem and we are start to think how  is possible to migrate to other new Machine.

We have installed XP Mode in a new machine with windows 7 we copied all the file in the folder of  that application, we tried to run that application, but it doesn't work. We solved some problem related to some dll not found in the new system copied from the old one, but finally it doesn't work. We made some step forward but we received an error related to  "General Protection Fault in Module MSARN200.EXE". We don't have the installation file so......it's a mess

So i start to think to virtualize the old physical machine with XP(that has the application that are running correctly) with disk2vhd  and after that import that machine in Virtual PC.

Do you think it can works? there is some risk to do that? 

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:31 PM

All replies

• Yes it will be work.

after completion the creation of vhd, add this image to a new virtual machine

Usman

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:56 PM