none
Getting "The DPMRA service terminated with service-specific error 1788 (0x6FC)" on protected server Windows Server 2003 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2010 is installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Protection has been working for several servers. 

The DPM 2010 server agent status shows Unavailable / Update Available for one Windows Server 2003 R2 . Selecting Update Available to upgrade the agent on the Windows Server 2003 R2 does not complete successfully. Other agents on other Windows Server 2003 R2 upgraded successfully.

The DPMRA agent on the problem server does not start even when I try to start it manually.

When I try to select Install from the DPM 2010 server for the Windows Server 2003 R2, DPM says an agent is already installed.

What's the best procedure to get the agent reinstalled/updated/corrected on the Windows 2003 R2 server?

Thanks,

F.Palacio
    Monday, May 9, 2011 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

The uninstall / install route is what I had to take because there was no other easy option to automatically do it from the DPM server.

Thanks,

F.Palacio
    • Marked as answer by F.Palacio Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

because the DPMRA service is unable to start i would try an uninstall and a new install to see if that will get things working.

do you have any errors for us?

regards,

Alex Smits

Monday, May 9, 2011 5:50 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response.

I was planning to do just that (uninstall the agent and try installing it again) if there no other suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks,

F.Palacio
    Monday, May 9, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi Alex,

The uninstall / install route is what I had to take because there was no other easy option to automatically do it from the DPM server.

Thanks,

F.Palacio
    • Marked as answer by F.Palacio Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:24 PM