locked
Activesync to iphone calendar problem appointment 24 hrs RRS feed

  • Question

  • My users are experiencing an issue with calendar appointments and activesync that exceed 24 hours syncing properly to iPhones and iPads.   The environment is Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003, 2007 with IOS 5.  The situation is this:

    An appointment made in Outlook for 23 hours, starting in day 1 and extending into day 2 sync correctly.  Extending the appointment to 24.5 hours causes the appointment to move the start time and become an all day event on day 2 and day 3 on the iPhone and nothing on day 1. 

    Repeating the process this time on the iPhone and syncing back to Outlook works correctly.  Everything else seems to work correctly.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Chris

    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Same issue on a Windows Mobile device?
    Sukh
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:01 PM
  • No, currently we only have IOS devices, iPhone and iPad users.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Can you test with Winodws emulator and feedback
    Sukh
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:46 PM
  • The Windows emulator I found only had IE, no calendar.  I did however get an Android emulator working and the problem did not show up on it.  I found someone else was also having the issue on multiple devices.  See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/exchange2010/thread/a4b3fc0d-c345-4d8b-bdd9-e218c616fe72.  It would be great to just get a solution.

     

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:02 AM
  • If the emulator work then I would suspect your device

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/09/17/3403937.aspx


    Sukh
    • Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, December 5, 2011 12:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:47 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:27 AM
  • Hi Chris,

    Just additional to Sukh, I am suspecting if there is a DST related issue even though a DST issue will not extend a meeting appointment. Just for a test, please check if you have installed and applied the latest DST hotfix in both the Exchange server as well as the client computer.

    See http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst.

    Hope it is helpful.


    Fiona Liao

    TechNet Community Support


    • Edited by Fiona_Liao Monday, December 5, 2011 12:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:47 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Chris Knutson Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:45 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 12:26 PM
  • I just installed SP2 roll up, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645995.  This appears to have fixed the problem.

    Regards,

    Chris

    • Proposed as answer by Sukh828 Monday, August 13, 2012 6:17 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:02 PM