Unified Messaging Auto-attendant and searching for users by voice RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We recently migrated from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 as a new installation (we changed forests at the same time for a different reason). We have Lync 2013 integrated with Exchange 2013 (we used to have Lync 2010 and Exchange 2010). Previously all of our Unified Messaging auto-attendants people were able to call into the office number and say the users name and get connected. I can't get this to work in 2013. It doesn't seem to recognize that I looking for a person and keeps asking me to say the option again.

I had read somewhere that some searching for users by voice was taken out of UM but from what I read that was more in the voicemail, etc. And that Auto-Attendants searching for voice still worked. Is there some trick to getting this to work? Some configuration of options? I have the attendant voice enabled and I have tried it with the option for "Allow callers to search for users by name or alias" on and off (I had read some articles that said for voice search to work it needed to be off).

I would really appreciate some help on this as otherwise if I can't get it to work we need to have all of our prompts re-recorded to not have "say the name or dial the extension" in the message. I don't understand why this feature might have been removed people used it all the time. So I really need to get it working again.

Thank you,

Brent

• Moved by Amit TankModerator Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:52 PM UM Question
    • Edited by Brentos M Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:57 PM Correction
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi 

Hi 

Have you verified that the certificates were installed correctly ?
    Run get-umigateway and check if the response groups are correct
    Have you run ocsumutil(Exchange UM Integration Utility) ? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398193.aspx 

Also check for any events getting generated related to the issue
    Also check Dial plan and ensure it is set correctly according to your requirement.
    Also You can refer 
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398193.aspx
    http://www.nhaustralia.com.au/blog/designing-exchange-server-2013-unified-messaging-integration-lync-server-2013/

Good Luck :)

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:17 AM
  • Hello,

I checked all of this and everything appears to be setup correctly. I did see this error in the log

The Mailbox server encountered an error while updating the grammar cache for grammar:"E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\grammars\en-US\Cache\Enterprise\4fbc0301-47bb-4de6-90d5-8c1b37a926c6". Details: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\DirectoryProcessor\Enterprise\e51a1f52-8faf-4cb9-9386-ba446964edbc\SpeechGrammars\070dbe0a-acba-4f7b-98a9-04a1b0448382\en-US\4fbc0301-47bb-4de6-90d5-8c1b37a926c6.grxml'.

I moved the arbitration mailbox to another mailbox server and that one is now showing

The Mailbox server encountered an error while updating the grammar cache for grammar:"E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\grammars\en-US\Cache\Enterprise\4fbc0301-47bb-4de6-90d5-8c1b37a926c6". Details: "Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.GrammarFileNotFoundException: The Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging service on the Mailbox server wasn't able to download the speech grammar file 'E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\grammars\en-US\Cache\Enterprise\4fbc0301-47bb-4de6-90d5-8c1b37a926c6' to the local grammar cache. After initial configuration, speech grammar generation can take up to 24 hours.

So I am not sure how to correct this.

Brent

Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:13 PM
  • Anyone else have any ideas on this? I am not sure how to get it working.

Thank you,

Brent

Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:10 PM
  • Does Microsoft no longer reply to anything on Technet?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:43 PM