locked
SharePoint 2010 Calendar synchronizing issues with outlook 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a weird scenario, SharePoint calendar sync with Outlook is not working. Every time I create a new item it shows in outlook as "task SharePoint reported error 0x80040102 outlook cannot connect to the SharePoint list.The server may not be reachable from your location. Contact SharePoint sit administrator for more information. Http 307

    When I try to add item in calendar even it is not showing on the SharePoint list.

    • I tried the options like removing the list from Outlook calendar and re connecting from SharePoint but of no use.
    • I checked my AAM settings and looks fine https://mysharepointsite.gov Default https://mysharepointsite.gov 

    http://mysharepointsite.gov Intranet http://mysharepointsite.gov 

    Both SharePoint and Outlook I am using are 2010. 

    Can anyone help me on this as am on priority to resolve this on urgency. Thanks. 


    Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:59 PM

Answers

  • After long research and trial and errors I have done at my environments the issue has been resolved. I had to change the zone of our internal URL for our web application from "Intranet" to "Custom" zone. And now everything working from SharePoint to Outlook and Outlook to SharePoint. Big sigh of relief now. Hope this helps lot of people who are stuck with it.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:00 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    According to your narration, first, please make sure this client can resolve the AAM name of the SharePoint server, in addition, make sure the user has enough permission on the list.

    You can use fiddler and netmon together to trace this issue.

    Finally, check out the following thread which may help you:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointadmin/thread/07e50247-2234-4ff2-83b3-5bbd9cf8744e

    Friday, September 23, 2016 1:37 AM
  • Hi Tina I have checked my AAM is getting resolved and there is no problem with regards that. Is there anything else I could do apart from this.
    Friday, September 23, 2016 7:36 PM
  • After long research and trial and errors I have done at my environments the issue has been resolved. I had to change the zone of our internal URL for our web application from "Intranet" to "Custom" zone. And now everything working from SharePoint to Outlook and Outlook to SharePoint. Big sigh of relief now. Hope this helps lot of people who are stuck with it.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:00 PM