none
Project Server 2013 - OOB Reports Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured PWA site and I created and published many projects. I'm trying to use the OOB reports but I have the following error when I'm trying to view the report from the PWA but if I opened the report in Excel then refreshed data connections it will work.

Any idea why it is not working from PWA?

Thanks,

Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:54 AM

All replies

• Error is because of Timeout. Please go through the blog and for excel service application,Under trusted file location increase the Maximum request duration then try to open report.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_pfe_blog/archive/2013/08/07/timeout-error-from-excel-services-unable-to-refresh-data-for-a-data-connection-in-the-workbook.aspx

After configuration of Excel Services and secure store you need to give permission to users so that they can open report without any error.

If you are using report author and report Viewer group then check permission for specific user.

kirtesh

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Thanks for the reply,

I don't think it is a timeout issue because it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to throw this error. To make sure of that, I followed the article you provided and didn't work too.

FYI, I didn't configure SSS because the OOB report is configured to use the authenticated user's account and it is working when you open it in Excel.

Monday, December 16, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Please configure Secure Store Service in order to  open report in WEB.

I think either you are using Report Viewer and report author Group that is why you are able to open report on excel or you are using account which you configured in in excel services. If you will try with any other user account to open excel report then only accounts which are available in group can view the report.

If you need your users to open reports in Excel client, you must follow the Report Authors configuration.

Secure Store is only used by Excel Services it means if you want to open excel report on web(IE) then you must configure Secure store services.

Secure store service doesn't talk to the Excel 2010 client.

Report Viewers group configuration only supports use of reports on the web via Excel Services

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Monday, December 16, 2013 3:00 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Monday, December 16, 2013 3:00 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:53 PM
  • After configuring the SSS, all reports are working from the site except "Project Overview" and "Project Overview Dashboard" they are working only if you opened them in Excel. They have the same issue I mentioned at the beginning.

Please note that they are using Data Model and I don't know what is the exact problem with that.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:49 AM
  • All the report based on excel Services are working fine now.

Please let me know how you have created Project Overview Dashboard so that i can help you on that.

Please mark reply as answer if it helps you to solve your pbm.

kirtesh

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:21 AM