MOSS 2007 User unable to save excel document to list. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who is trying to edit an existing excel document in a list.

She clicks on the document and gets the regular edit menu.  When she is done making changes in Excel she hits save.  She does not receive any error messages.

After closing the document and reopening the file the changes are not there.

I tried googling this, but most of the results I found involved the user actually receiving an error.

Any idea?

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:21 PM

All replies

• May be you can ask her to check the document on different PC. Just to avoid file caching on the local system

Also if this is user specific issue, it can be computer specific also

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

Did you check the ULS log after save the file? There may be chance to log some detail in ULS log file.

You can also ask her to do same from different machine so we can identify if problem with library or PC. Also tell what version of office and operating system are installed in her machine.

You can also try this suggestion:

http://isharepoint.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/can-not-save-document-back-into-document-library/

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Can you let us know the exact SharePoint version and the Office version you're using? As you're in the legacy forums, I'm assuming it's SharePoint 2007.

If she's using Office 2010, she'll typically see a yellow bar in the client exe advising of: -

• An item not being checked out
    • An item being read only

Can you also tell us if this is isolated to just her or if other users are experiencing the same thing?

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:41 AM
    Answerer