Can't install IntelliType Pro 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• The windows update of IntelliType is failing. It appears to be becuase the current version, 7.0 won't uninstall. If I try to uninstall manually I get a message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" "Use source "C:\589......\itype\setup64"

This path doesn't exist. I tried to go back to the original installation disk but I can't find it. Is there a solution to this problem. I am running Windows 7/64.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, June 3, 2011 2:16 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Friday, June 3, 2011 1:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you boot into Clean Boot mode, and then clear the temporary files folder. Now what is the result?

If this issue persists, please kindly refer to the following article:

How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer

Troubleshoot installing Intellipoint, IntelliType, or LifeCam software

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:58 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:58 AM
  • Thnaks for some help. Which temp directory, I'm not very good at working out what goes on with W7?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

please perform the following steps to clear temp folder:

1.    Click Start, type %temp% in the Start Search box, and then click Temp in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.    On the Edit menu, click Select All.

3.    On the File menu, click Delete.

4.    When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:13 AM
  • OK, I was able to clear the temp directories. I then tried to install Intellitype again but this time I got a message saying I couldn't install intellitype as I didn't have the right operating system, that it wasn't XP32 nor Vista nor W7, which is not true but what can you do. So I did a windows update and downloaded and installed all the latest updates. Got a failure on one of them (not a surprise anymore) but after rebooting and going back to updates, I could install the last update and do a reboot. Back to updates and I got a message saying no updates required. So I then tried to install Intellitype 8.1 again. But it failed again, error (I forget), but not the same as before, a new one. I have just tried again and now I'm back to the "don't recognise the operating system" error.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:45 PM